Monday, December 8, 2014

M A G I C in a bottle.

No I'm not referring to wine- although I do think that also falls under the category of "magic in a bottle."

I'm talking about YLEO's. Young Living Essential Oils.
My dad first introduced me to them about 6 months ago. He purchased his from the local drug imperium because they were cheaper than most brands and easily accessible. He then persuaded me into trying them and I was a huge skeptic...like no, dad these silly oils that I rub on my feet and temples and wrist will not get rid of my sore throat...and I was right. They didn't.

                                                         ----BUT----

Although I did not get the results I wanted with that brand I very much liked the idea of oils as an alternative way to heal/maintain health. So I did some research and ran across the Young Living brand and immediately knew I wanted to try them. (I'm a compulsive shopper it's a real problem y'all) But I am SO glad that I am because they actually DO work. Let me tell you some things I have used them for...

STUDYING

-Okay so I am a full time student who has recently been cramming for finals (y'all pray for me) and the first oil I purchased was Clarity. It promotes a clear mind and alertness. I used one drop on my finger and rubbed it on my temples and behind my ear every Monday, Wednesday and Friday before my class and I noticed a difference. Now before you shake your head and call me crazy why don't YOU do some research. Or not. You can just take my word for it :) A study performed at the university of Cincinnati found that inhaling this oil increased mental accuracy in students by 28%. Pretty cool huh? My classmates and I diffuse this during our study sessions and we LOVE this stuff.

SLEEP
peace and calming -If you're a parent you are probably rockin' the same sleepy eye-bags like me. But we wouldn't have it any other way right? Unless we COULD. Well ya CAN. And even if you're not a parent you can't tell me you don't love your sleep. Lavender is commonly known for its soothing properties but it is the most versatile of them all and really no home should be without it in my opinion. I diffuse 5 drops of this and 5 drops of my other favorite sleep enhancer Peace & Calming with water at night in my room and Presley's room. Works like a charm. I also rub it on the bottom of her little baby feet as well :)

HEALTH
 -People your health is a SERIOUS thing!!! Why not take every precaution you can and avoid visits to the doctor/sick days at work? I didn't actually purchase this oil at first. A friend of mine allowed me to borrow hers for a few days when I had an awful sore throat. It was so dry and sore and came with a pretty nasty cough. I applied the Thieves oil to my throat/chest area, the bottoms of my feet and diffused it for 2 days and BAM it was gone! **Here's a quick piece of info for your trivia file: This oil was named after thieves who were stealing from homes of those who had died from the plague. They covered themselves in cloves, rosemary and others to keep themselves from getting sick** They also have hand sanitizer, wipes, household cleaners, all kinds of stuff with this oil. I love it!



Y'all these are just three ways I have used these oils in my everyday life but there are SO many ways you can incorporate these oils in yours. Here is my Pinterest page with all my go to "recipes" for oils! https://www.pinterest.com/connielauren92/yleo-magic-in-a-bottle/

I am receiving my starter kit here in a few days and I am SO SO excited it's crazy! I got it as an early Christmas gift (Thanks Gare) so I will have a few samples if any of you are at all interested let me know!

I will end by saying this for those of you who think this is some sort of "voodoo". I firmly believe that there are forms of medication that are God given. Such as these oils. Before we were blessed with the power of  science, medicine and technology people had to use things from the earth. They couldn't go down the street to Walmart or Walgreens to get Nyquil or Vicks. They used what was GOD GIVEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment